-
XF86Config
Hello there!
I'm wondering how to get the XF86Config, that is being used by X when it has initialized all my hardware.
I suppose it is not /etc/X11/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (of even the -in versions of both), since they reside on cdrom, which is read-only.
I would like to get the XF86Config, since I'm unable to create one myself, and knoppix seems to detect everything fine 
thanks all
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: XF86Config

Originally Posted by
anaEiD
Hello there!
I'm wondering how to get the XF86Config, that is being used by X when it has initialized all my hardware.
I suppose it is not /etc/X11/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (of even the -in versions of both), since they reside on cdrom, which is read-only.
I would like to get the XF86Config, since I'm unable to create one myself, and knoppix seems to detect everything fine
thanks all
Well first X will look for XF86Config-4 but if it doesn't find it then it looks for XF86Config.
You can use the XF86Config-4 from Knoppx quite easily. SImply boot the cd, mount a partition and do
cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda2/etc/X11
voila!
HTH
-
cool!
thanks a lot for your help! finally a working XF86Config
Similar Threads
-
By oded in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By White_Devil in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 04:52 PM
-
By donutman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By Tomal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By paparush in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99