-
Kurumin 1.1 going out :-)
Hi boys,
I'm finishing the 1.1 version of my Kurumin Linux. Here are some screenshots:
http://<br />
http://www.guiadohard...linux/kurumin/
This version includes more programs and "magic icons" to automaticaly install more apps (after hdd install) via apt-get, but maintain the same size, only 186 MB.
This is a very newbie friend distro that are becoming a major distribution here in Brazil, catching thousand of ex Windows users
This new version is behing publised in two Magazines this mount, 80.000 copies of the CD on the streets
)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Carlos,
Kurumin looks fantastic! Great job! I'm interested in giving it a try. Unfortunately I only speak English. Did you retain English language files on that slim 185 CD? So i can boot lang=us?
I translated your page with the built in bable fish tools in Konqorer. I was able to understand most of it, but the translation isn't that great.
Again, let me say I'm impressed.
One question. Your distro seems to differ in it's intention from Knoppix. Although Klaus supports the instal script and all he doesn't really push Knoppix as an instalable version of Linux. You seem to be focusing on the install issue. Is this correct?
I doubt I'll wait for your reply on the language options, I'm probably going to try and download now.
Take care,
Adam
-
Senior Member
registered user
BTW, I saw the Windows stuff on your screen shots. That done with WINE? I've been trying to get bochs working on the machine in my office, but keep getting kernel panic messages. Would be interesting if you could get bochs to run off the CD or set it up to download after install.
Cheers.
-
Carlos,
I have a request, can you translate your docs over to English? I've used a few of the online translators, but because the pages are so large they only translate half the page.
>80.000
Wow!, Congratulations!
-
Senior Member
registered user
John. I used this http://www.freetranslation.com/web.htm
Again the translation isn't that great, but it gets the whole page.
-
Yes, of course you can use English
Just need to change language setting and keyboard layout on KDE control Center. The distribution is very KDE centric so you don't need to bother about lang=us.
I made some alterations on the install script. The instalation on the HD look exatly the same of the CD, including the sudoer entry for the user Knoppix. It's a option, the user can use the system as knoppix, with some privileges and easyness or can create a new unprivilegied user.
The Windows stuff is runnig thorugh a vanilla Wine instalation, i'm just running some applications fron the Windows partition. Wine works best this way, because the aplications are already installed and you have all the dlls and registry enters.
I includded drivers for Winmodems with Lucent/Agere chipsets, this cheap stuff is very popular all around the world.
Finnaly, I'm finishing the docs in Portuguese, but need some help on the translation, the manual have almost 80 pages!
-
Aff, this web translators really sucks
"Don't send a machine to do a human job."
-
The Kurumin "almost 80 page" manual is avalable at:
http://www.guiadohardware.net/linux/kurumin/manual/
Includes a remastering tutorial based on Eadz work.
-
It's your remasterring tutorial that I am most eager to read, particularly your use of Xnest from a chroot environment.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Wow! impressive stuff! Nice work Carlos!
My Portuguese isn't that great, but i must say that your manual is very impressive indeed! Excellent documentation!
Similar Threads
-
By Prometeus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 06:50 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:59 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 09:06 PM
-
By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:18 AM
-
By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95