Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Kurumin 1.1 going out :-)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44

    Kurumin 1.1 going out :-)

    Hi boys,

    I'm finishing the 1.1 version of my Kurumin Linux. Here are some screenshots:

    http://<br /> http://www.guiadohard...linux/kurumin/

    This version includes more programs and "magic icons" to automaticaly install more apps (after hdd install) via apt-get, but maintain the same size, only 186 MB.

    This is a very newbie friend distro that are becoming a major distribution here in Brazil, catching thousand of ex Windows users

    This new version is behing publised in two Magazines this mount, 80.000 copies of the CD on the streets )

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Carlos,

    Kurumin looks fantastic! Great job! I'm interested in giving it a try. Unfortunately I only speak English. Did you retain English language files on that slim 185 CD? So i can boot lang=us?

    I translated your page with the built in bable fish tools in Konqorer. I was able to understand most of it, but the translation isn't that great.

    Again, let me say I'm impressed.

    One question. Your distro seems to differ in it's intention from Knoppix. Although Klaus supports the instal script and all he doesn't really push Knoppix as an instalable version of Linux. You seem to be focusing on the install issue. Is this correct?

    I doubt I'll wait for your reply on the language options, I'm probably going to try and download now.

    Take care,

    Adam

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    BTW, I saw the Windows stuff on your screen shots. That done with WINE? I've been trying to get bochs working on the machine in my office, but keep getting kernel panic messages. Would be interesting if you could get bochs to run off the CD or set it up to download after install.

    Cheers.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    49
    Carlos,
    I have a request, can you translate your docs over to English? I've used a few of the online translators, but because the pages are so large they only translate half the page.

    >80.000
    Wow!, Congratulations!

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    John. I used this http://www.freetranslation.com/web.htm

    Again the translation isn't that great, but it gets the whole page.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    Yes, of course you can use English Just need to change language setting and keyboard layout on KDE control Center. The distribution is very KDE centric so you don't need to bother about lang=us.

    I made some alterations on the install script. The instalation on the HD look exatly the same of the CD, including the sudoer entry for the user Knoppix. It's a option, the user can use the system as knoppix, with some privileges and easyness or can create a new unprivilegied user.

    The Windows stuff is runnig thorugh a vanilla Wine instalation, i'm just running some applications fron the Windows partition. Wine works best this way, because the aplications are already installed and you have all the dlls and registry enters.

    I includded drivers for Winmodems with Lucent/Agere chipsets, this cheap stuff is very popular all around the world.

    Finnaly, I'm finishing the docs in Portuguese, but need some help on the translation, the manual have almost 80 pages!

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    Aff, this web translators really sucks

    "Don't send a machine to do a human job."

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    The Kurumin "almost 80 page" manual is avalable at:

    http://www.guiadohardware.net/linux/kurumin/manual/

    Includes a remastering tutorial based on Eadz work.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    49
    It's your remasterring tutorial that I am most eager to read, particularly your use of Xnest from a chroot environment.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    Wow! impressive stuff! Nice work Carlos!

    My Portuguese isn't that great, but i must say that your manual is very impressive indeed! Excellent documentation!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kurumin kernel 2.6.1-mm3 bootable cd
    By Prometeus in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 06:50 AM
  2. kurumin .... to english conversion
    By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:59 PM
  3. I want to make a remaster like Kurumin...:)
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 09:06 PM
  4. Kurumin 1.2beta
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:18 AM
  5. Kurumin News :-)
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1

$49.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD picture

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD

$40.00