The version on the site is still the 1.0, i'm uploading the 1.1 to mirrors, will take some says.
Carlos, it's great to see you've added the Lucent drivers, there are how many thousands of machines out there using them.
I've shown some people Knoppix & Knoppix Lite and they're impressed till they find out they can't use the net because they have a Winmodem
Doing a remaster of anything is hard when you can't use apt-get because you're modem is'nt supported.
I'm downloading Kurumin now, only 16-17 hours, not bad huh?
Thanx,
roadie
The version on the site is still the 1.0, i'm uploading the 1.1 to mirrors, will take some says.
Hi Carlos
Let us know the moment its uploaded. It looks real cool and I must see you winmodem mods..
All the best, Dan
I tried to change the lang in kurumin ver 1.0 and did not get good results, some menus still in brazilian language, can you do a better work on this? Or even better, an option to change the whole system to english language? I think this way the whole world would be able to run kuruminOriginally Posted by Carlos_E_Morimoto
The parts that still im Portuguse are just the system menu, boot messages and the hd-install?
The applications are ok?
Yes it's only a few menu entries that aren't in English. I run Kpersonalizer, configure KDE keyboard tool, goto init 3, then go to init 5 to restart X and KDE.Originally Posted by Carlos_E_Morimoto
Carlos, the Flash install is really cool. I didn't really look under the hood. Do you use swf-player or Macromedia's stuff?
It would be great if someone could lend Carlos a hand to change the few Portuguese menu entries for English fans. I wish I knew Portuguese.
Carlos, any plans to upgrade to KDE 3.1?
The Flash installer is a very simple scriptCan be adapted to other distributions. He download and installs the plug-in on the folder /ramdisk/home/knoppix/plugins.
The folder /usr/local/phoenix/plugins is a sinlink targeting that folder. I think is a good way to install things running fron CD.
--
#!/bin/bash
# Instala suporte a Flash no Kurumin
# Escrito por Carlos E. Morimoto
# X or text console - By Christian Perle <[email protected]>
case "`tty`" in
/dev/tty[1-8])
MODE=text
DIA=dialog
;;
/dev/pts/*|/dev/ttyp*)
MODE=x
export XDIALOG_HIGH_DIALOG_COMPAT=1
[ -x /usr/bin/gdialog ] && DIA=gdialog
[ -x /usr/bin/Xdialog ] && DIA=Xdialog
[ $DIA = dialog ] && MODE=text
;;
*)
MODE=text
DIA=dialog
;;
esac
# text mode if DISPLAY is not set
if [ -z "$DISPLAY" ] ; then
MODE=text
DIA=dialog
fi
BT="Instalação do suporte a Flash"
T1="Instalação do Macromedia Flash"
M1="Este script instala o suporte a Flash no Kurumin. O pacote tem 700 KB e demora aproximadamente 2 minutos para ser baixado num modem de 56K. No final da instalação o navegador será aberto para que você possa testar."
$DIA --backtitle "$BT" --title "$T1" --msgbox "$M1" 15 60
killall /usr/local/phoenix/./phoenix-bin
mkdir /home/knoppix/plugins
cp -Rf /etc/skel/plugins/* /home/knoppix/plugins/
cd /home/knoppix/plugins
wget http://download.macromedia.com/pub/s...6_linux.tar.gz
tar -zxvf install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz
cd install_flash_player_6_linux/
mv libflashplayer.so ../
cd ..
rm -rf install_flash_player_6_linux/
rm -rf install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz
/usr/local/phoenix/./phoenix http://www.charges.com.br
---
Hi Carlos,
Where can we download the 1.1 iso of Kurumin? I am really looking forward to seeing it.
All the best, Dan :P
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/Inco...urumin-1.1.iso
Happy download![]()
Carlos,
Could you please summarize what's different in the 1.1 release from 1.0?
Thanks.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00
Advantech Memory Modules 8G DDR4-2400 1GX8 1.2V HYX AQD-D4U8GN24-HE LOT OF 12
$399.99
Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99