Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
Q : I want to 'build' my own linux. Can someone please tell me how to do this and what i will need?
-Thanks-
Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
I want to build my own Linux mainly to learn more about how the whole thing works. I find that I learn more about someting by taking it appart and putting it back together again. It would also free up some disk space cos I don't really use/need all the packages installed in knoppix.
The linuxfromscratch website will certainly come in handy. Thanks for the help.![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98