Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 175

Thread: Knoppix Version 3.4 Released

  1. #161
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    96
    I just d/l Knoppix 3.4 from linuxiso.org and it had 2.6.6 kernel.

    Burned iso to disk and have booted into 2.6 kernel just as a test run, and everytime I boot, it lock up the screen. I can move the mouse and that is about it.

    Anyone else experience this? I am doing this with a very new laptop.

    thanks

  2. #162

    Re: VMWare under Knoppix 3.4

    [quote="timread"]
    Quote Originally Posted by scottknl
    I think that depends upon the VMWare version. Doing what you suggested I was also able to install the version 4.0.5 but not the newer 4.5.1 which gave me an error:

    make: Entering directory `/tmp/vmware-config0/vmnet-only'
    bridge.c: In function `VNetBridgeReceiveFromVNet':
    bridge.c:346: structure has no member named `sk_wmem_alloc'
    make: *** [bridge.o] Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-config0/vmnet-only'
    Unable to build the vmnet module.

    Never mind ... the version 4.0.5 works fine.
    I changed "sk_wmem_alloc" to "wmem_alloc" within the vmnet.tar (-> bridge.c) and then it runs fine. (There exist a compability macro to do this automatically but it seems not to work proper)

    --
    Gerald

  3. #163
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3

    KNOPPIX 3.5 LinuxTag 2004 DVD Edition

    I can't start a new topic, but anybody knows where I can buy this new DVD version? I think Knoppix.net should sell it right on their site - I want to buy this DVD from the Knoppix team directly to support the development.

  4. #164
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    The Subject doesn't show up (but why it is there then?). What I wanted was this:

    KNOPPIX 3.5 LinuxTag 2004 DVD Edition

    Who knows where I can get it (other than going to Linux Tag 2004)?

  5. #165
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    140
    Looks like it is pretty clear that linux-tag is the only way. Maybe one of our German friends can translate the linux-tag website and see if they will be available for purchace. I would like a copy of this one myself! In the mean time here is a link to an iso that you can download in the DVD forum. It seems to be based on 3.4 Cebit. I am working on a dvd remaster myself. But I am still a noob and I am learning how to tweak the window managers. The menus start to get a little cluttered with 5 gigs of stuff

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by nvgringo
    Maybe one of our German friends can translate the linux-tag website and see if they will be available for purchace.
    "The 3.5 DVD is *exclusively* available on LinuxTag for 10€ and comprises the DVD, a Day-Ticket and one LixuxTag pin."

  7. #167
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20

    security Hole in 2.4.x and 2.6.x Kernel

    I think this means another Knoppix 3.4 with kernel 2.6.7

    New Linux Security Hole Found

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...4&sid=96120751

    Mon Jun 14, 1:08 PM ET

    Add Technology - Ziff Davis to My Yahoo!

    Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols - eWEEK

    A Linux (news - web sites) bug was recently uncovered by a young Norwegian programmer that, when exploited by a simple C program, could crash most Linux 2.4 or 2.6 distributions running on an x86 architecture.

    Torvalds already has the problem well in hand, he said. "I fixed it in my [source code] tree a few days ago, so it's in the current snapshots, and if I wasn't in the middle of a move [to Portland, Ore.] I'd have released a 2.6.7 already. As it is, I'll hopefully have it done by tomorrow [June 15].

  8. #168
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    140
    Maybe one of our German friends can translate the linux-tag website and see if they will be available for purchace.


    "The 3.5 DVD is *exclusively* available on LinuxTag for 10€ and comprises the DVD, a Day-Ticket and one LixuxTag pin."
    Looks like it says the same thing in German as it does in English

  9. #169
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    80

    knoppix26 looks for IDE CD when it's a SCSI CD( C't ver too)

    As I re-posted in the v3.4 C't Edition thread, there is still a problem with the 2.6 kernel boot process which will look for the Knoppix CD on IDE bus when it's really on the SCSI bus.

    Is there anyway to force it to look on hte SCSI bus or do I need to copy the CD to the hard disk and have it look/run from there? TIA.

  10. #170
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Salamanca, Spain
    Posts
    60

    Some news

    Hi everybody

    I have some news but can't post new topic in news forum, so I do it here.

    A spanish linux magazine "Todo linux" is featuring Knoppix 3.4 in may release, so if you buy this magazine, you can get your knoppix 3.4 Cd. You can see more visiting:
    http://www.iberprensa.com/productos/.../todolinux.htm

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 officially released
    By probono in forum News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
  2. When will Knoppix 3.8 be released?
    By anton123 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released
    By Tigren in forum News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
  5. KNOPPIX 2002-12-12 Released
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES

$85.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99