If the 3.5 DVD kit is only avbailable at LinuxTag, is there any way thaty those of us who can't get there can get hold of a copy? I'd rather have that than download 3.4.
If the 3.5 DVD kit is only avbailable at LinuxTag, is there any way thaty those of us who can't get there can get hold of a copy? I'd rather have that than download 3.4.
1) Did someone successfully have boot knoppix from the ISO file image ?
If yes how ? The cheat code bootfrom=/dev/hda1/*.iso did not work for me.
2) Did someone successfully have boot knoppix from a NTFS partition
having in its root either the loopback file /knoppix/knoppix or the iso file?
If yes how ? I tried to add the ntfs.o and add some debug in the linuxrc in the miniroot.gz
but it still doesn't work and I cannot figure it out yet ...
Please advise, Thanks...
You need WMware (windows or linux)or MS Virtual PC (windows only)Originally Posted by ruymbeke
I already know and use vmware on an other systrem.Originally Posted by oscar
But I need to run knooppix on a stand alone system without cdrom and without changing the mbr nor the single ntfs partition. Using grub4all I can boot the kernel and ramdisk from the xp ntfs boot loader but knoppix cannot access properly the ntfs file system to continue the boot...
When can we expect an update to the 2.6.7 or 2.6.8 kernel?![]()
Several security issues and serious bugs have been corrected in the kernel since Knoppix 3.4 was released![]()

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz Quad-Core LGA1150 SR1QF CPU Processor
$39.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99