I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right![]()
I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right![]()
I've tried installing it twice using "knoppix26" to boot, after getting into the live environment I did a uname -a and it indeed said I was running the 2.6.5 kernel. However after using "knoppix-installer" and using the beginner mode hardware detection which is a new addition that redetects all hardware each reboot yet everything else is the same (not a knoppix style install). after booting into my installed system uname -a says I'm using 2.4.26
Could it be that using the beginner mode is messing it up? I might try installing it debian style but I think you get the most flexibiliy from the beginner mode.
I really appreciate all the work the developers have done and the helpfulness of these forums thanks all of you.
ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/knoppix/
Speed : 230 KB/s
Yes it is! Slashdot ( http://slashdot.org ) found out about the release. Look at the number of leachers on the tracker ( 2125 and growing as of this post ). <sarcasm>Good thing there are only 251 seeders!</sarcasm>I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right![]()
;0)
Silas
This is my best Tuesday for quite some time now.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Does anyone know when it will be available at the mirrors? Right now I cannot use bittorent.The link already available is literally "infested", and leeches with 4kbps.
So long team - once again, THANK YOU!
Agent Smith
I wonder if they are using NPTL? If not I'm strongly considering trying to remaster (never done it before)
I don't have the download complete yet, but anyone who does, can you try this:
If you see NPTL .... then it does. NPTL seems to help quite a bt in the overal performance of Gentoo on my laptop, so I might try to add it in to the 3.4 cd if it doesn't have it.Code:Aurora root # /lib/libc.so.6 GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3, by Roland McGrath et al. Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3.2 20031218 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r5, propolice-3.3-7). Compiled on a Linux 2.6.3 system on 2004-03-16. Available extensions: GNU libio by Per Bothner crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others NPTL 0.60 by Ulrich Drepper BIND-8.2.3-T5B NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk Thread-local storage support included. Report bugs using the `glibcbug' script to <[email protected]>. Aurora root #
Also downloading from this one... ~18.75 kb/s.... Hunting for more mirrors...Originally Posted by NikiBob
![]()
I have been getting about 150 KB/s average on the original bittorrent link. Of course it took me about 45mins to figure out how to use BT.
I was getting about 120 KB/s, but now its really about 30. I'm thinking of going back to BT.Originally Posted by StyleWarz
@konfused
Too bad BT is blokked on my universtiy network...![]()

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio 14.4''(1TB SSD Intel Core i7-11370H 3.3GHz 32GB)
$540.00