Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 175

Thread: Knoppix Version 3.4 Released

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4

    seg fault

    yes I also got the segmentation fault when trying 2.6

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1
    Yeah, I also got sementation fault with megaraid.o, but I used the noscsi option and it worked wonderfully on my desktop. I wasn't so lucky with my laptop as my cd-rom is scsi.

    Regards

  3. #43
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Echoside
    Posts
    16
    I had an issue where setting a static IP with netcardconfig would reset (!) when the computer was rebooted, restarting the netcardconfig program at each boot and selecting No to DHCP would restore my settings (one step at a time) this was the Topiso Knoppix installed the debian way, hopefully this one won't have the same issue.

    Installing on a Gateway lappy with a netgear pcmcia card.

  4. #44
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    57
    > Will there be a boot.img file available somewhere?

    With the move to isolinux, I didn't think there will be any more boot floppies.

    -SUO

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by PirataSV
    Yeah, I also got sementation fault with megaraid.o, but I used the noscsi option and it worked wonderfully on my desktop. I wasn't so lucky with my laptop as my cd-rom is scsi.

    Regards
    I've the same problem to trying to boot with linux26... I want to probe the new kernel Also I've tried linux26 acpi=off
    Any idea to resolve this problem?

  6. #46
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by max_payne
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleWarz
    @konfused
    Too bad BT is blokked on my universtiy network...
    Fast download here
    To my surprise, the portal requires user+password to allow download... Any clue why guest+anonymous does not work? Or perhaps a direct FTP link to this source?

    Thanks man,
    Agent Smith

  7. #47
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    35
    the command
    "knoppix noscsi" (without quotes) causes megaraid.o not to be loaded.

    I need to find out how to enable networking.
    Knoppix does not seem to find the VMware (AMD PCNET) driver.
    in previous KNOPPIX releases, Mozilla could connect to the internet by default.
    Now only 127.0.0.1 shows up with "ifconfig" command.

  8. #48
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    14
    bittorrent sucks...it doesn't work...

    the net is sick...

    come on guys, share it!

  9. #49
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    14
    ok, downloading from ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/knoppix/K...2004-05-04-EN/

    pretty fast ~100Kb/s

    (max user 530)

    wget is makein' me happy

  10. #50

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 officially released
    By probono in forum News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
  2. When will Knoppix 3.8 be released?
    By anton123 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released
    By Tigren in forum News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
  5. KNOPPIX 2002-12-12 Released
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99