nice, thx...Originally Posted by perry
downloading @ 100 kB/s
Neato!
Funilly enough, I bought a 10 pack of 700mb CDRW discs today for when knoppix 3.4 got released. Got home and found it had been released!
Which was nice.
--
Brian
nice, thx...Originally Posted by perry
downloading @ 100 kB/s
Yes it looks as though you have a corrupt or tampered with ISO. Mine checks out ok. I get 49a62cdac7a3afcee0d2d47ea17daa6f for the ISO and the burnt CD. I would download the ISO agian with bittorrent.Posted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:22 pm
Grabbed the 3.4 iso from planetmirror and the md5sum worked out as:
Code:
md5sum KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso
6a418719f9d920804bb0e1b13288f0ea KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso
Checked it against the md5 file:
Code:
cat KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso.md5
49a62cdac7a3afcee0d2d47ea17daa6f *KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso
So my question is. Is the .md5 wrong, is my .iso corrupted, or has the iso been tampered with?
What have others seen?
--
TimW
Cheers,
Silas
=0)
Cheers Silas
--
TimW
I don't know what's up with the official tracker. I downloaded and left my torrent open all night at 16 people/ 128kb/sec max, and when I woke up there were tons of people leeching and I was sending 1kb/sec to perhaps 3 of them (and never to some poor soul who was stuck at 99.9% done for at least two hours...) I'm behind a firewall, but I was sharing like crazy last night.
10Mbps mirror
http://128.113.197.247/pub/KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN/
Runs 9am-12am EST
just wondering if there will be a DVD version of this coming out at any time? As you can see there have been many people offering to host the iso and also Bittorent could handle it I think.
GREAT WORK by the way!
One question about boot floppies - if there's no longer a boot floppy, how do those people who do remasters boot their remasters off the hard drive, thus saving many CDs?
Also, will a boot floppy ever be available for older machines?
Two things come to mind. First is fromhd which will let you boot your cloop file from the hard disk. Second is that you could setup syslinux (I havn't done it yet) so you can boot from hard disk, pretty much identically as from syslinux on cd. Third choice (I know I said two) is to use a cd-rw and just swap in a 0 byte KNOPPIX file and use fromhd (when you are changing the stuff outside the cloop).Originally Posted by TyphoonMentat
As 3.4 provides cheatcodes for specifying the KNOPPIX compressed file to load, also for an .iso to boot from, this would not be a problem. Boot from the original and pass the parameters to go. Err, boot floppies would be nice to boot textmode some older stuff btw...Originally Posted by TyphoonMentat

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50