Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 175

Thread: Knoppix Version 3.4 Released

  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_smith
    Quote Originally Posted by max_payne
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleWarz
    @konfused
    Too bad BT is blokked on my universtiy network...
    Fast download here
    To my surprise, the portal requires user+password to allow download... Any clue why guest+anonymous does not work? Or perhaps a direct FTP link to this source?

    Thanks man,
    Agent Smith
    We was under heavy attack (too many simultaneous connection)

    BTW: currently no require user/pass for download until the server's responsiveness is fine

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Esztergom, Hungary, Europe
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_smith
    Quote Originally Posted by max_payne
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleWarz
    @konfused
    Too bad BT is blokked on my universtiy network...
    Fast download here
    To my surprise, the portal requires user+password to allow download... Any clue why guest+anonymous does not work? Or perhaps a direct FTP link to this source?

    Thanks man,
    Agent Smith
    As the owner of that site wrote (in Hungarian): Web server reached its max_client limit, so he password-protected that dir. Ask for a pass at hup dot hu. Mail user trey. (U can put the mail address up, yeah? Split for the sake of email-gathering robots.) Requests will be served in chronological order according to the actual load.

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7

    Knoppix and VmWare

    I have a little problem... I just downloaded the Knoppix 3.4 and I usually test it in VmWare. But it seems to get stuck right after I hit enter at Boot:.

    Anyone can help me? I am using VmWare 4.5.1 Buld 7568.

    Thanks for any help.

  4. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7

    Hmmm

    It doesn't work
    I also tried knoppix noscsi but nothing... I just burned it and still doesn't work.

    Help...

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3

    Extra mirrors

    Since there are still few mirrors with 3.4 and BitTorrent seems to have died here are two good mirrors:

    ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.knoppix.org/

    http://dsbl.zonnet.nl/KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN/

  6. #66
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    There is a torrent working here.

    http://www.tlm-project.org/torrents/knoppix/3.4/

  7. #67

  8. #68
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    76
    I had that one thing with the 2.6 kernel, but it doesnt happen when i boot from my hd. So far so good, only wish syphleed was preinstalled.

  9. #69
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20
    I've found some bugs in Knoppix 3.4 20040503

    1. I have to boot with "noscsi" parameter under my old notebook (celeorn w/ Intel 440 chipset) and another desktop PC (P-III w/ Intel 815 chipset)

    2. the same "time zone bug" in the C'T edition as well as knoppix 3.3 2003-02-09 is back again.

    3. the XHTML editior display germany on the english edition

    but there's also good news, the new Knoppix 3.4 now can detect my Buffalo LPC3-TX-CB PCMCIA lancard (which didn't work with the C'T edition before)

    * how do I report a bug ? I didn't have any bugzilla account............

  10. #70
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfan
    I've found some bugs in Knoppix 3.4 20040503

    1. I have to boot with "noscsi" parameter under my old notebook (celeorn w/ Intel 440 chipset) and another desktop PC (P-III w/ Intel 815 chipset)

    2. the same "time zone bug" in the C'T edition as well as knoppix 3.3 2003-02-09 is back again.

    3. the XHTML editior display germany on the english edition

    but there's also good news, the new Knoppix 3.4 now can detect my Buffalo LPC3-TX-CB PCMCIA lancard (which didn't work with the C'T edition before)

    * how do I report a bug ? I didn't have any bugzilla account............
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/Bugs/3.4

    I did add your bugs to there and did respond ...

    I think the Wiki is nicer for doin with Bugs I found bugzilla was an overkill and made more work, than it solved ...

    cu

    Fabian

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 officially released
    By probono in forum News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
  2. When will Knoppix 3.8 be released?
    By anton123 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released
    By Tigren in forum News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
  5. KNOPPIX 2002-12-12 Released
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$120.73



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00