-
Senior Member
registered user
I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right
-
Junior Member
registered user
still not working
I've tried installing it twice using "knoppix26" to boot, after getting into the live environment I did a uname -a and it indeed said I was running the 2.6.5 kernel. However after using "knoppix-installer" and using the beginner mode hardware detection which is a new addition that redetects all hardware each reboot yet everything else is the same (not a knoppix style install). after booting into my installed system uname -a says I'm using 2.4.26
Could it be that using the beginner mode is messing it up? I might try installing it debian style but I think you get the most flexibiliy from the beginner mode.
I really appreciate all the work the developers have done and the helpfulness of these forums thanks all of you.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Just started FTP download
-
Junior Member
registered user
I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right
Yes it is! Slashdot ( http://slashdot.org ) found out about the release. Look at the number of leachers on the tracker ( 2125 and growing as of this post ). <sarcasm>Good thing there are only 251 seeders!</sarcasm>
;0)
Silas
-
Junior Member
registered user
Mirrors
This is my best Tuesday for quite some time now.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Does anyone know when it will be available at the mirrors? Right now I cannot use bittorent.
The link already available is literally "infested", and leeches with 4kbps.
So long team - once again, THANK YOU!
Agent Smith
-
Senior Member
registered user
I wonder if they are using NPTL? If not I'm strongly considering trying to remaster (never done it before)
I don't have the download complete yet, but anyone who does, can you try this:
Code:
Aurora root # /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3, by Roland McGrath et al.
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3.2 20031218 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r5, propolice-3.3-7).
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.3 system on 2004-03-16.
Available extensions:
GNU libio by Per Bothner
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
NPTL 0.60 by Ulrich Drepper
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.
Report bugs using the `glibcbug' script to <[email protected]>.
Aurora root #
If you see NPTL .... then it does. NPTL seems to help quite a bt in the overal performance of Gentoo on my laptop, so I might try to add it in to the 3.4 cd if it doesn't have it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Just started FTP download

Originally Posted by
NikiBob
Also downloading from this one... ~18.75 kb/s.... Hunting for more mirrors...
-
I have been getting about 150 KB/s average on the original bittorrent link. Of course it took me about 45mins to figure out how to use BT.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Just started FTP download

Originally Posted by
StyleWarz

Originally Posted by
NikiBob
Also downloading from this one... ~18.75 kb/s.... Hunting for more mirrors...

I was getting about 120 KB/s, but now its really about 30. I'm thinking of going back to BT.
-
Junior Member
registered user
@konfused
Too bad BT is blokked on my universtiy network...
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 31
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
-
By anton123 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
-
Replies: 23
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98