Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 175

Thread: Knoppix Version 3.4 Released

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right

  2. #22
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13

    still not working

    I've tried installing it twice using "knoppix26" to boot, after getting into the live environment I did a uname -a and it indeed said I was running the 2.6.5 kernel. However after using "knoppix-installer" and using the beginner mode hardware detection which is a new addition that redetects all hardware each reboot yet everything else is the same (not a knoppix style install). after booting into my installed system uname -a says I'm using 2.4.26

    Could it be that using the beginner mode is messing it up? I might try installing it debian style but I think you get the most flexibiliy from the beginner mode.

    I really appreciate all the work the developers have done and the helpfulness of these forums thanks all of you.

  3. #23
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18

    Just started FTP download


  4. #24
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right I've been downloading for about 2 hours now. I've downloaded 61mb and uploaded 127mb, thats not right
    Yes it is! Slashdot ( http://slashdot.org ) found out about the release. Look at the number of leachers on the tracker ( 2125 and growing as of this post ). <sarcasm>Good thing there are only 251 seeders!</sarcasm>

    ;0)
    Silas

  5. #25
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16

    Mirrors

    This is my best Tuesday for quite some time now.

    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

    Does anyone know when it will be available at the mirrors? Right now I cannot use bittorent. The link already available is literally "infested", and leeches with 4kbps.

    So long team - once again, THANK YOU!

    Agent Smith

  6. #26
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    I wonder if they are using NPTL? If not I'm strongly considering trying to remaster (never done it before)

    I don't have the download complete yet, but anyone who does, can you try this:

    Code:
    Aurora root # /lib/libc.so.6
    GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3, by Roland McGrath et al.
    Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
    There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
    PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
    Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3.2 20031218 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r5, propolice-3.3-7).
    Compiled on a Linux 2.6.3 system on 2004-03-16.
    Available extensions:
            GNU libio by Per Bothner
            crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
            NPTL 0.60 by Ulrich Drepper
            BIND-8.2.3-T5B
            NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
    Thread-local storage support included.
    Report bugs using the `glibcbug' script to <[email protected]>.
    Aurora root #
    If you see NPTL .... then it does. NPTL seems to help quite a bt in the overal performance of Gentoo on my laptop, so I might try to add it in to the 3.4 cd if it doesn't have it.

  7. #27
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16

    Re: Just started FTP download

    Quote Originally Posted by NikiBob
    Also downloading from this one... ~18.75 kb/s.... Hunting for more mirrors...

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1
    I have been getting about 150 KB/s average on the original bittorrent link. Of course it took me about 45mins to figure out how to use BT.

  9. #29
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10

    Re: Just started FTP download

    Quote Originally Posted by StyleWarz
    Quote Originally Posted by NikiBob
    Also downloading from this one... ~18.75 kb/s.... Hunting for more mirrors...
    I was getting about 120 KB/s, but now its really about 30. I'm thinking of going back to BT.

  10. #30
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16
    @konfused
    Too bad BT is blokked on my universtiy network...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 officially released
    By probono in forum News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
  2. When will Knoppix 3.8 be released?
    By anton123 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released
    By Tigren in forum News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
  5. KNOPPIX 2002-12-12 Released
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM picture

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM

$550.00