I'm having trouble getting Knoppix working flawlessly on my desktop.

Thing is, I have one of these new fangled ASUS motherboards which is currently has both a SCSI card and is using the built in SATA RAID (two drives).

Booting in with the 2.4 kernel is fine, except that while my system detects my Creative Audigy 2 card, there is NO SOUND.

Trying to boot in with the 2.6 kernel, first off the SCSI detection tries going for the megaraid.o, then has a segmentation fault and then crashes (Much like some of the others have complained of). Now, even when I issue "knoppix noscsi", it skips SCSI detection and goes for the RAID driver. However, when It gets to setting /etc/fstab.... the installer crahes.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies within the RAID on my mobo. In the Linux kernel, these ASUS mobos with RAID really don't get handled well, if at all, and especially if they are formatted for use under Windows.
Similarly, Fedora doesn't work on my system either thanks to the Sil driver. Alan Cox calls these things "winraid" and as such, Linux doesn't support them yet (if at all).
I just wish there was an option to skip detection of the sata RAID.