Quote Originally Posted by PsaltyDS
Quote Originally Posted by darrylo
There are at least two versions of 3.4. The two signatures that I've seen appear to have been released by Klaus. However, I have no idea why both are identically labeled: "V3.4-2004-05-04".

One has the signature 49a62cdac7a3afcee0d2d47ea17daa6f. This version was signed:

Code:
gpg: Signature made Mon May  3 14:28:49 2004 PDT using RSA key ID BA8F038D
gpg: Good signature from "Klaus Knopper <[email protected]>"
gpg:                 aka "Klaus Knopper <[email protected]>"
Another version has the signature 8e9cd4d310ad8381d1ec3326c6caae2b. This version was signed:

Code:
gpg: Signature made Tue May  4 15:07:09 2004 PDT using RSA key ID BA8F038D
gpg: Good signature from "Klaus Knopper <[email protected]>"
gpg:                 aka "Klaus Knopper <[email protected]>"
So, it appears that the later one is probably the one that people want.
I downloaded the "...aa6f" version myself. Should I be concerned and trying to fing the "...ae2b" version instead? This seems very odd.
My guess is that the 49a62cdac7a3afcee0d2d47ea17daa6f one is probably an early release candidate (or Klaus noticed a mistake, and fixed it in the later one). So, we probably do want the 8e9cd4d310ad8381d1ec3326c6caae2b one (the later one), just in case. It appears to be made around a day later than the earlier one. However, I have no idea as to what the differences are.