-
3.4 terminal server?
Knoppix 3.4 rocks, Thanks !
How can I add the gigabit Realtek 8169 in the network bootstrap process ?
I can boot knoppix from the network (pxe, tftp, nfs, ...) using other network cards but this one. I suppose I have to recompile the miniroot.gz ... Thanks for any help, Gilles
PS: Sorry, stupid question, I didn't read the manual...
I just had to enable the right network modules when starting the Knoppix Terminal server to compile the right miniroot.gz and it works just great.
Which manual are we talking about? I haven't found one yet, and it seems anything but simple. I am having a heck of a time trying to get a 3.4 terminal server working. The newly booted machine is not getting its interface together, which prevents it from mounting the KNOPPIX. It appears that it is trying to use the af_packet module to get the nic, but there doesn't seem to be anything binding it to eth0. What I see first is that the ifconfig eth0 in linuxrc fails, first because there is no /sbin/modprobe; and if I remaster the miniroot to get one, then it can't find an eth0. Then, ignoring that, linuxrc appears to ignore the nodhcp option that is given in the pxelinux.cfg/default file, and tries to dhcp.
I'd like to think that I'm blind and have just missed the doc that explains
how one needs to reconfigure the miniroot so that you get the right network drivers, but I haven't found it yet. The <a href=http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqPXE> FaqPXE </a> page doesn't seem to touch on this. I don't want a floppy at all, or have to configure the miniroot -- I'd like it to pick up the UNDI PXE driver for the initial NFS mount, then if needed discover the better driver once more of the system is up. Perhaps this is implausible?
thanks,
-dB
[/quote]
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 31
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
-
By anton123 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
-
Replies: 23
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$59.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00