-
Junior Member
registered user
How to change console resolution?
I'm using an HDTV which can only handle certain particular resolutions. I have figured out how to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to ensure that the GUI is in a good resolution (1280x960 interlaced, with custom timings).
However, if I use Ctrl-Alt-F1...F6, then it uses some other resolution--I think maybe 1024x768. This is NOT a resolution which my HDTV can accept. I'd like to modify it so that the text consoles use 640x480 resolution, with my own custom timings.
Any ideas what to change to make the consoles use the resolution I want? Maybe I should modify XF86Config? The text console is my failsafe in case I mess up things, so I'm wary of experimenting with it without a clue whether I'm even modifying the correct file.
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By brainstorm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By mheight in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
-
By timeo27 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:34 AM
-
By xbob in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 05:16 PM
-
By ndori in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cardinal Technologies Tseng Labs ET4000AX ISA VGA Card 1MB DRAM 16-bit
$76.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$599.99

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS
$50.00

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00

Vintage Retro Beige ATX Sleeper PC Desktop Computer Case Good Condition
$199.99
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00