-
konqueror without KDE
I'm halfway through a Knoppix remastering.
I've created the file system to the HD and am removing packages with the purpose to make something near the size of Damn Small Linux but with Konqueror as browser.
Of course I am going to remove KDE and keep only fluxbox as windows manager.
my question is, Konqueror will function without KDE?
If it won't, I'd better keep Mozilla?
Other unrelated question, how can I removes all fluxbox styles but the one of my choice?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Konqueror will run 'independent' of KDE, i.e. it will run if you are logged into a different window manager. but, you MAY have to install at least some of KDE in order to install Konqueror. When you have removed KDE during your customizing, try 'apt-get install konqueror' and se how much stuff comes with it. Even if there is a fair amount of other KDE, your may be able to thin it down....try removing it bit by bit until you remove as much as you can without trashing konqueror.
-
makes sense, I'd try to slim down with caution and see how much ispace I can afford to dedicate to KDE.
Similar Threads
-
By fabiand in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-15-2007, 09:47 PM
-
By lark in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 03:55 AM
-
By porchy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 03:13 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 03:15 AM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851
$435.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$135.00

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X AM4 Processor- 3.7Ghz/4.3Ghz Boost, 8 Core/16 Thread
$125.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99