I think it's a winmodem. see http://www.linmodems.org/
Hi,
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for support, but I'm a real noob on linux.![]()
I want to use the CT-knoppix-CD on my GERICOM notebook.
I've tried to configure my internal modem (UNIWILL V.90 Modem Ver 2.91.04) via the modem-assistant.
On S0 and S1 I get an answer from the modem but empty values. I'm wondering about this, as under WinXP it works on COM3.
Anyway, if I dial, the modem stops on "initializing modem".
Any help wellcome!!!
I think it's a winmodem. see http://www.linmodems.org/
Thank you for the link.
I'll will have a closer look to this site.
I found a linux-driver on the website of the windows-driver-manufacturer too (http://www.smlink.com)
This guides me to my main question:
Can I add drivers to the CD-edition without installing knoppix on hdd?
e.g. on a floppy-disc?
If so, how should I do this?
Thanx again

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77