-
XWindows Problem
Hi all
I am new here at KNOPPIX form...just got ma hands dirty with KNOPPIX 3.1 distro. I am having some problems here. When I pop in KNOPPIX CD,it works fine, boots well,but when I boot to GNOME or KDE by
knoppix desktop = desktop = gnome
it works fine, it initialises GNOME, then a black background of KNOPPIX (that is default background, I guess) , and it halts there.. Nomore progress. And the screen is halted atthat KNOPPIX default wallpaper, no ICON appears on it and i t stays like this until I make a forced reboot.
When I boot KNOPPIX in run level 2 by
knoppix 2
it works fine atthis run level..shows every directory/ file, works fine with any kind of service.
I hope that anyone would like to contribute towards this problem (or may be a problem). I am already impressed by this LIVE CD DISTRO of linux. Greatwork done by developers and on-the-fly decompression for bundled softwares worked in a greatway. Have already seen and impressed by command line / run level 2.
I hope that anyone would help me with this, and that would be indeed a great effort for me to migrate from Micro$oft to FREEDOM.
Thank you
Ommy
Similar Threads
-
By akie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:34 AM
-
By 00zero in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:31 AM
-
By malachi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:01 PM
-
By hapbt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:50 PM
-
By carpe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Axiom 10Gbs Dual Port RJ45 PCIe x8 NIC Card for IBM - 0C19497
$254.99

AddOn IBM 42C1800 Comparable 10Gbs Dual Open SFP+ Port Network Interface Card
$383.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99