-
mounting a zip disk as knoppix user
I have tried getting a zip disk mounted as the knoppix user all day and get all kinds of errors.
I thought that this series of instructions would work:
sudo mkdir /mnt/zip
sudo mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
It did, sort of. I can access the zip disk (formatted as FAT) as the root user but not as the knoppix user. Again... I CAN see it as root. I CAN'T see it as knoppix. This makes it hard for the problem below.
What gives?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am working up instructions and a training class for non-linux/unix techs to use knoppix for file system recovery and general support friendliness.
I use knoppix to grab windows network drivers from websites all the time. If the system has a FAT or FAT32 filesystem, I have no problems, I can just download the files, reboot and I have them in windows. NTFS makes it harder. For now, I stuff them (using samba) on a network shared folder. I would like to just be able to download them to a mounted zip disk as the knoppix user.
Therein is my problem.
I need to get over this hurdle before i can continue.
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By Neno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 AM
-
By Neno in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 07:29 AM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By benmayim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 12:49 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95