There is a Linux clone "amsn".
Start as root Xterm and typ:
apt-get install amsn
How can I make use of MSN-messenger with Knoppix 3.1?
I see programs like EveryBuddy but can not find a location to put in mij login/pw...
How do I download my contact list?
(I am a complete Linux noob, for who did not notice)
There is a Linux clone "amsn".
Start as root Xterm and typ:
apt-get install amsn
I discoverd 2 things..
1.)
=> goto the Rootshell in the knoppix folder
=> with passwd change the unix password
=> in a konsole window type "su root"
=> entered the new root password
=> type xterm
=> in xterm type "apt-get install amsn"
=> I get:
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened
when I try "apt-get install amsn" logged in as Knoppix (default), I also get
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ apt-get install amsn
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened
2.)
I tried EveryBuddy... It didn`t seem to work.. but after a while people started chatting with me... So apparantly it does connect but it doesn`t download the buddielist. Sometime a buddielist does come in handy...
who can help me make one of the two options work from here on?
I've no experience working with this problem, but can you export your msn buddy list from messenger and then import it into Everybuddy? Also you can try using Gaim as it also supports MSN and is on the CD.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95