Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: install freezes at copying files

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10

    install freezes at copying files

    I want to install knoppix on a 4 yr old PC. The installation freezes at 15% when it's copying files. I never had a problem with install when i installed mandrake on it before.

    It did this with version 3.3, and at first I thought it was a bad CD. So I wait for knoppix 3.4 instead. Now I checked 3.4 to see if the ISO is correct and yes it is. I did a testcd of it on a 2nd PC and all was ok.

    I did a testcd on the the 1st PC and I had one failed file. So I disabled Plug N Play in BIOS and did another testcd and this time it passed.


    Now I try to install knoppix using sudo knoppix-installer on 1st PC. It freezes at copying files. I tried to do sudo knx-hdinstall, but it doesn't work. I think it was removed from 3.4.


    I really want to install knoppix, but I can't! What can I do?

    The HD is blank and no windows and no other OS too.

    Also, how long does installation usually take?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10
    Nevermind. I found out why it wouldn't install.

    BAD MEMORY


    Now for those whom can't install in the future, check your memory.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    ... and check your hd if you are in doubt (man badblocks)

    Ciao Martin

Similar Threads

  1. Copying files in Knoppix
    By fordprefect3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 03:58 AM
  2. copying files
    By FireStorm in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 11:24 PM
  3. Copying other config files in knoppix.sh
    By cld in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 12:57 AM
  4. problem with copying files
    By jc01 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 08:33 PM
  5. Newbie Help - Recovering Data, Copying Files, Using CD-RW
    By Johnny3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Catalyst C9800-L-F-K9 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller w/ AC Adapter picture

Cisco Catalyst C9800-L-F-K9 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller w/ AC Adapter

$1596.60



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00