-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
j.drake
My optical PS/2 mouse works beautifully in 3.4 with 2.4 kernel. It seemed a little sluggish early on with the 2.6 kernel, but most of that has cleared up (I had errors in my persistent home directory - once resolved, things got much better).
Well, OK, maybe all is NOT so well. Even with 2.4 kernel, if I use persistent home and myconfig boot flags, my mouse just flat is not working. To my knowledge I haven't changed anything that would affect it. I did try to install captive NTFS, and got several errors, but I can't imagine that it impacted my mouse. Also, the clock problem seems to be causing a lot of text to appear in the boot process - something to the effect that one aspect or another of my configuration occurs in the future - but no evidence that the OS disregarded or wasn't able to handle the instruction as a consequence. The clock issue seems like such a minor problem, but if it's causing errors to occur, then it's no longer minor.
Of course, it occurs to me now that I should have verified that the PS/2 plug was still seated. I'm not at that computer, so if I find out later that this was a stupid PEBCAC issue, I'll edit and ask my press secretary, Emily Litella, to issue as statement.
Similar Threads
-
By NetGeek in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
-
By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 12:08 PM
-
By pulsar in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 11:01 PM
-
By Engon in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 12:15 AM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9
$1349.00

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98