Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Downloading music using Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12

    Downloading music using Knoppix

    Anyone know what program is best to download music using knoppix. I use my laptop, which only has one CD drive, so I cannot put music CD's in, so I need to download a program to download music. I tried Gnutella, but after trying to install it, Knoppix ran into errors and I cannot get it to work properly. If you can help, that would be great. Thanks.

    I'm kinda new to this, so if you have a detailed explaination, please note that I dont know a whole lot about all the different command and everything else.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    KornFace13,

    I am a little confused on your posting, do you want a program to just download music files (so you can play them on Knoppix), or do you want a program that "streams" music files from the internet onto your Knoppix system? I am not sure on your intent, but I am guessing you want a "streaming" player program, right? Maybe I am just clueless here, and someone else knows "exactly" what this is, and what would be used for it...

    I use "local" audio files on my system, and just use XMMS, or Audacity, or even ReZound for playing audio files. I never tried doing "streaming audio" with Knoppix, so I don't know what program would be best for doing this. Sorry, maybe someone else has more input on this issue...

    Hope this helps,
    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading Knoppix
    By kessragnell in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
  2. Downloading file onto knoppix
    By sunray in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 06:21 PM
  3. Project: bundle Bootable knoppix CD with my Band's Music CD.
    By patrickvogel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:22 AM
  4. downloading and playing games on Knoppix
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:24 PM
  5. Knoppix Demo CD and Music CD's ?
    By samwisegamgee in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 05:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$154.76



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99



SuperMicro 938-16 5039ms-h8trf 3U MicroCloud SuperServer w 8 X11SSD-F Blades 2PS picture

SuperMicro 938-16 5039ms-h8trf 3U MicroCloud SuperServer w 8 X11SSD-F Blades 2PS

$809.10



HP P40893-B21 EDGELINE E920T CONFIGURE-TO-ORDER BLADE SERVER picture

HP P40893-B21 EDGELINE E920T CONFIGURE-TO-ORDER BLADE SERVER

$300.00



Dell FC430 BLADE 2X1.8' SERVER | CHASSIS W/ SYSTEM BOARD picture

Dell FC430 BLADE 2X1.8' SERVER | CHASSIS W/ SYSTEM BOARD

$500.00



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99