-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok,
In trying to find my own answers, I have concluded the following, from the above situation:
I should have mounted the /dev/hda device as r/w access, and performed a fixing fsck on the device. After, hopefully, a good fixing, and a successful fsck completion, rebooted.
But, I didn't - I just rebooted.
What I am guessing I should do is, shutdown, boot to the CD, give it cheatcodes to not use my swap, which is also on the "physical" /dev/hda device, to not use my home/root on the /dev/hda1 device, and after booting, perform a fsck on the /dev/hda device.
Looking through the fsck man pages, I am getting lost. I know I want to use the fix option, but do I want it to have "unlimited" fixing, (it suggests this is a bad thing), do I mount the device previous, or do I let fsck do that part?
I am in fear that the longer I keep my system up, after knowing about the fsck problem, I am only damaging the file system further, am I right?
Someone, [?]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By alvey in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
-
By Ripshaft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
-
By FatBoy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 01:56 AM
-
By ramu_i in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 08:26 AM
-
By suoko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INS Vintage SDLC PC Adapter Manual w/ Disks UNTESTED
$99.99

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD
$34.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

Toshiba T1000 Vintage Laptop PC, 1 power supplies, manuals, and original bag
$119.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Apple Vintage Lisa 2 Owner's Guide Release 2.0 Binder Manual
$99.99

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$350.00

Vintage Creative Solutions MacFORTH Dealer Demo Kit 1984 UNTESTED
$75.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case
$99.99