-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok,
In trying to find my own answers, I have concluded the following, from the above situation:
I should have mounted the /dev/hda device as r/w access, and performed a fixing fsck on the device. After, hopefully, a good fixing, and a successful fsck completion, rebooted.
But, I didn't - I just rebooted.
What I am guessing I should do is, shutdown, boot to the CD, give it cheatcodes to not use my swap, which is also on the "physical" /dev/hda device, to not use my home/root on the /dev/hda1 device, and after booting, perform a fsck on the /dev/hda device.
Looking through the fsck man pages, I am getting lost. I know I want to use the fix option, but do I want it to have "unlimited" fixing, (it suggests this is a bad thing), do I mount the device previous, or do I let fsck do that part?
I am in fear that the longer I keep my system up, after knowing about the fsck problem, I am only damaging the file system further, am I right?
Someone, [?]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By alvey in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
-
By Ripshaft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
-
By FatBoy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 01:56 AM
-
By ramu_i in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 08:26 AM
-
By suoko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

SAMSUNG 990 EVO PLUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4/ 5.0 x2 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V9S1T0B/AM)
$189.99

Samsung 2TB 9100 PRO 14,700MB/s PCIe 5.0 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-VAP2T0B/AM)
$399.49

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00