I had a major crash on my computer and afterward neither XP nor Linux
could start, after reinstalling XP I discovered that my bios settings
was wrong hyper-threading was now disabled, after reenabling it, I
tried to reinstall lilo using the following procedure:
boot cd (for rescue purposes), log in
mount /dev/whatever /mnt
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/proc
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/dev
chroot /mnt /bin/bash
(replace /dev/whatever with your correct device/partition)
Now I got the following message when trying to start
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev ide0(3,3)
mount: Invalid argument.
This should be hda4???
(partioned as hda: hda1 hda2 < hda5 hda6 > hda3 hda4)
hda4 should be my linux partition.
e2fsck -f /dev/hda4
doesn't report any errors.
What can I do to bring it to life again?![]()

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99