Quote Originally Posted by eco2geek
The reason that you have to go through this whole captive-install-acquire business is that it installs the actual Microsoft drivers, either from your existing WinXP partition, a directory you specify, or Microsoft's site -- but the drivers are licensed by Microsoft. They're not "free software." You're supposed to have a legal copy of WinXP in order to use them.

1. Scan your existing partitions for an installation of WinXP
2. Allow you to specify a location for the drivers (local or network)
3. Extract them from a package on Microsoft's site (WinXP SP 1, I believe)

Looks like method 3 is broken in Knoppix v3.4.

The "Forward" button takes you to the next step within each method. The "Skip" button takes you to the next method. The "Back" button takes you back to the previous method.
yes, i know. Sorry for not making myself clear, sorry for my bad english. I know that, but isnt it possible for ME to make that kind of knoppix live cd? I could put the files from my computer into the iso image and start the captive stuff myself in the boot script. Thats what i thought...