Is this in a HD install or a CD-boot?
Hi,
I'm trying to get knoppix to work with my widescreen laptop (1440x900). I've successfully done this with Mandrake by creating a custom modeline and 'screen' sebsection in XF86Config-4. However in Knoppix when I start it with the command 'linux26 screen=1440x900 2', add my custom modeline at the command line & run 'startx' the XFree log shows an error message to the effect of 'not using 1440x900 because there is no modeline.' Is there something else I need to do in order to get knoppix to pick up my custom modeline in the config file?
Thanks,
Rich
Is this in a HD install or a CD-boot?
Sorry - should have said, it's a liveCD of knoppix 3.4.
I have the same problem,
I have added the modeline "1280x800" in /etc/X11/XF86Config and /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 . The XFree86 log says there's no such mode.
any solutions to this problem?
Also using the Live CD

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00