I was sent an email from the owner of on-disk.com :

I was talking with Klaus Knopper yesterday. I was given the ISO for the
5.0.1 DVD and permission to list it in our catalog.

http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/112

This is a Win-Win situation for the Knoppix Project and Knoppix fans.

Win for users.... They will be booting up while others are cramming the
download mirrors. Ship time for US addresses is about 3 days
(International 7 or so). When they order a disc today, and it will be
in their mail box Friday when the ISO goes public.

Win for Knoppix... Because the disc is coming from On-Disk.com, Klaus
Knopper will get funds for the project for every disc we ship.

Introducing KNOPPIX version 5.01

The 5.01 DVD will be officially released to the public on June 2, 2006 and is currently available ONLY on DVD media.

With 5.0.1 KNOPPIX moves from a "Live Distribution" to being a "Full Distrobution". The KNOPPIX 5.0.1 Live DVD contains updated from 5.0 which saw some major changes in the unionfs-based file system, new hardware detection and autoconfiguration, and a more "genuine Debian" oriented selection of packages. Apart from this, the harddisk install option ("knoppix-installer") has been extended by Martin Öhler, based on the work of Fabian Franz, featuring a "live update" of specific packages from a new version of the live DVD or CD.

KNOPPIX can be used as a productive Linux system for the desktop, educational DVD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos.

It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression, the DVD can have over 8GB of executable software installed on it.
Click here to view Screen Shots of Knoppix 5.0.

* Linux Kernel 2.6.15.4
* Debian (testing/unstable)
* Xorg Version 6.9
* udev+hwsetup for automatic hardware detection
* KDE 3.5.1, GNOME 2.12 from Debian/unstable
* OpenOffice 2.0.1 (german+english)
* transparent write access for NTFS partitions (libntfs+fuse)
* new knoppix-installer now also with the possibility to update existing installations of Knoppix
* Many Updates...
You can buy it here http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/112 now, and it will be released to the public on June the 2nd.