Quote Originally Posted by rajibando View Post
To all members who stumble to this thread:
Please don't let the above discussion confuse you. Follow the steps below and you should be successfully playing Flash contents within Mozilla:
I too had an old Flash Plugin in my Knoppix system which was incapable of playing flash videos, particularly, from YouTube.
I upgraded my Flash plugin by
  1. Manually creating a plugins folder as:
    Code:
    /home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins
  2. Then I downloaded the compressed Flash plugin tar.gz package from Adobe website, Version 11.2.202.394 , uncompressed it, extracted the libflashplayer.so plugin and placed it in the plugins folder, and the other contents into folders for which they are intended.
  3. Then I tested with the flash version testing site . The site shows the current version no. 11,2,202,394 using commas, rather than full-stops.
  4. Now the sites which use adobe flash content are shown by my flash player within my browser, particularly, YouTube.
  5. Some sites might not be. You should check your Scripts- and Ads- blockers and reconfigure them.

Hopefully, the problems would be solved.

I like to install the flashplayer "manually" and have noticed that the 64 bit version doesn't seem to show up in aboutlugins under iceweasel. The 32 bit version however seems to run fine. You can just copy it into the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory.

/usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins doesn't seem to work and neither does /usr/lib/firefox/plugins.

At the moment I'm running knoppix v7.4.1.

I've done this manual install so many times that it's almost hardwired now:

knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cd Downloads/
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ tar xzf install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ sudo cp -r usr/* /usr
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ uname -r
3.16.2-64

and closing/relaunching iceweasel and going to aboutlugins shows:

Shockwave Flash

File: libflashplayer.so
Path: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
Version: 11.2.202.406
State: Enabled
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202