Hello Guys

I went to this page ...knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition. It really facinated me as i could now free my CD ROM .

But my problem is that i can't seem to clearly understand what all to do to make it work. I have the following ( lots of , please do not mind ) questions:

1. I have a 40 GB hdd. My C: is ntfs xp 16.65 GB. Rest of hdd 20.65 GB is yet unpartitioned. Now to do a Win Partition Poor Man's Installl, how am i supposed to partition the rest? My minimum requirement is to form a D: fat32 of size around 15 GB to store my data.

Should i first form an extended window partition on all the available free space and then form D: & other partitions required for Linux? or linux needed partitions will be out of the extended partitions containing D: drive?

Now how do i partition for Linux, when i only want to use Live Cd { KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN } & have no plans to full install linux on my present hdd? Will i have to form root, boot, & Swap in this case too? What should be their respective sizes, given i can just allocate 5.65 GB for them? How will i format these new parititons, as fat 32, vfat, ext2 , ext3 ?

2. For this particular installation method, what are the the things i need to put on the hdd? Should both the "Knoppix.iso" & " Persistent Knoppix Disk image" be put ? Where should each go? What else i need to put on the hard drive?

3. I also download some zip files, named grube.zip, grubh.zip, kno500.zip, kno402.zip, kno401.zip, kno40.zip, Knoppix382.zip. The first 2 zips have Root_Of_USB & Root_Of_NTFS folders, but only 1st one has GRUB.BIN & makeflo folders.

Which of the following am i supposed to use, as most of them seem to be for older versions of Knoppix & the name of the knoppix versions and knoppix iso are also not of newer versions in their boot.ini or menulist files.

Moreover after identifying which ones to use and how to edit them if needed, where should they be put?

Please reply , as only then i can go ahead.

Thanks.