Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MythTV or Freevo?

MythTV or Freevo?

This was a Topic on another Linux fourm I thought I would bring it here. Is there any chance to Squezze Mythtv or Freevo in? maybe in another Distrubution?

Junior Member registered user
    Heh, I wish. It looks like some projects got started to do it but never took off. It's really a perfect application for the Live CD format AFAICT.

Senior Member registered user
    if they are apt-getable I can do a remaster for you..

you'll just need to provide a ftp for me to upload to and which applications can I remove to get free disk space.

I spoke to Alex of the Morphix project the other day in irc, and he said that someone is working on a multimedia module for Morphix that incorporates Freevo. Last time I checked it wasn't available yet, but hopefully it will see the light of day sometime soon.

Member registered user

I'm trying

That is a great idea. I would love to have mythtv but when I try to install it the dependencies fail and I can't get it to install.

depends on mythtv-frontend and backend, then when I try to install those they complain some more about libmyth-0.10 and libqt. Anyway I can get around this?

Hopefully someone has the answer.

cheers

Re: I'm trying

Quote Originally Posted by ignuu2
    Hopefully someone has the answer.
    here

Member registered user

great super helpful but now I am stuck

it seems that my installaion can't find a library

whenI run mythfrontend I get libmyth-o.12.so.0 cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

however it lives in /usr/local/lib/

what gives. Do I need to be in X to run this?

I can't e in X because I am remastering a cd. Should I try to run a chrooted session in X while remastering? is that possible?

Thanks

Member registered user
    After some searching I figured it out. I needed to add the library path to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig.

That seemed to fix it.

I now have mythtv installed on a knoppix live cd. It seems to run although I forgot to automate a few things that I will fix the next time I remaster. It was pretty easy following the knoppix remaster howto along with the knoppix mythtv howto listed in the above post.

I have not tested it yet as I don't have a capture card on the pc that I am working on however I will be testing it in a few hours and I will have a report.

Thanks

Member registered user

Just in case someone is interested.

Hi all. It doesn't work yet. I can start the application and I can get mysql and mythbackend and frontend to run however as soon as I launch the TV app the screen goes black and mythtv crashes. I don't know why yet, but the rest of the system runs. Xawtv works however and I can watch TV through that. I will try and output some logfiles so I can figure out what is going on. Has anyone else tried to make one of these yet?

Later

Member registered user

Update

I managed to fix most of the problems with myth running on cd. It still neeeds a HD to cache stuff but for that I use a samba share on another machine. Turns out that most of my problems were due to my ati-all-in-wonder not being supported by myth. I am using a tv-wonder on a collegues computer to test the setup. Does anyone know of a good cheap usb based solution that is supported by myth? If so maybe I can get that to work. Is anyone interested in helping me out with this? If you have a capture device that is supported by myth I will gladly give out a copy of my iso. You also need to run a script to make myth run.

Anyone have some server space to spare?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast