I'm using Knoppix 3.8.2 on a box with Windows XP Professional and I'm trying to install a network printer attached to another machine with Windows XP. I've done the following: started CUPS. then went to control center/printers/add printer. In the Wizard clicked SMB shared printer (Windows), used Anonymous for login (tried them all and the next step worked only for anonymous), then ran a scan in the SMB Printer Settings window which showed my network "MSHOME" and the various computers. When I click on the computer which has the printer I want to use, I get an error screen "Error returning browse list NT_STATUS_ACCESS-DENIED' I've used Knoppix 3.4 as well as Linspire with no problem at this point and I can use the printers. It looks as though this version of Knoppix is looking for some sort of Permission to mount the printer and I don't know what to do because I haven't logged on with a password. I went to the password manager to see if there's already a password in the machine and apparently there is. I tried everything I knew as a password including leaving the dialog blank and even tried Knoppix. No luck. I tried typing the information into the SMB Printer Settings Window and then try to install a printer driver which worked until the final screen after which I got the message "Unable to load the requested driver. Unable to create the Foomatic driver [Epson-Stylus_Photo_820,gimp-print]. Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the requested permissions to perform that operation." So apparently I have to enter some kind of permission. Anyone have any ideas???