If anyone knows how to generate a plain-text list of installed packages, I'd be glad to share it, though I doubt it would be of much use to the average user. For example, my install of X has been gutted to the point I doubt it would be useful to any sighted user. Regarding console web browsers, for the one's I've tried(elinks and a few of it's derivatives), I can't really judge their rendering do to being unable to figure out their interfaces. Last time I selected the WWW option from the Adriane menu, I couldn't even figure out how to load a page from a URL, and when I've tried in the past, I couldn't figure out how to get SBL to read anything other than links. By comparison, Iceweasel+Orca combined with Adriane's ability to launch a stripped down x session just for those two applications works so well, I'd think I was using a web browser built specifically for the blind if I didn't know better. Anyways, at present, my own set-up has: A 420-something mb /usr A ~30 mb /var that balloons to ~140 mb with files generated by the operation of Aptitude(files I make sure to clean out before making backups of my root filesystem). 457 installed packages, the bulkiest things(both in terms of disk usage and number of packages) being Iceweasel+everything I need to use it and mpv(wish I could find something with the same simplicity of use and audio support(including from video containers) minus the video codecs I have no use for. I don't even need compression to fit my entire root filesystem on a CD, though I still use bzip on my partimage backups.