TeensyROM Cartridge for Commodore 64/128: MIDI, Fastload, Emulation, and Network For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
TeensyROM Cartridge for Commodore 64/128: MIDI, Fastload, Emulation, and Network:
TeensyROM is a ROM emulator, super fast loader, MIDI Host+Device and Internet interface cartridge for the Commodore 64 & 128, based on the Teensy 4.1
This is a fully assembled and tested TeensyROM board, including a pre-loaded Teensy 4.1. It hasa bunch of built-in utilities and games, ready to plug and play!
TeensyROM is a fully open source project being offering for only slightly above the cost of materials alone (see costed bill of materials in documentation).See full documentation and design details here: also contains a 3D printed case design that you can download and print at home.This listing includes the latest revision PCB (v0.2c) which adds a mounting hole for improved case attachment.
Demo videos on YouTube: feature discussions, and updates discussed on the TeensyROM Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2EYYscWmRt
PCB has ENIG (Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold) finish
C64, MIDI keyboard/cables, and USB/SD drives not included.TeensyROM FeaturesCompatable with C64 and C128 machines/variants, NTSC and PAL supportedSuper fast Loading (.PRG/P00) or ROM emulation (.CRT)directly from:
- USB thumb Drive
- SD card
- Teensy Internal Flash Memory
- Transfer directly from PC
MIDI in/out via USB Host connection:
- Play your SID with a USB MIDI keyboard!
- Use with popular software such asCynthcart, Station64,etc
- Supports all regular MIDI messagesin and out
- Can use your C64 to play a MIDI sound capable device.
- Sequential, Datel/Siel, Passport/Sentech, and NamesoftMIDI cartridges emulated
- Use a USB Hub for multiple instruments+thumb drive access
MIDI in via USB Device connection:
- Stream .SID or .MIDI files/data from a modern computer directly to your Commodore machine SID chip!
- Play MIDI files out of your PC into C64 apps such as Cynthcart or the MIDI2SID app
- Play .SID files out of your PC using the ASID MIDI protocol to hear any SID file on original hardware.
Internet communication via Ethernet connection
- Connect to your favorite C64/128 Telnet BBS!
- Use with released software such asCCGMS, StrikeTerm2014, DesTerm128,etc
- Swiftlinkcartridge + 38.4k modem emulation
- Send AT commands from terminal software to configure the Ethernet connection
- Sets C64 system time from internet
Firmware updates directly from SD card or USB thumb drive
- Just drop the .hex file on an SD card or USB drive, no need for extra software to update.
Key parameters stored in internal EEPROM
- Startup, Ethernet, timezone, etc retained after power down.
See full documentation and design details here: