PDA

View Full Version : Cannot chroot: bash errors



quini
05-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Hallo!

I'm trying to chroot to my already modified kernel tree with no luck. Here are the steps I'm following:
-----
root@quinipt:/home/quini# mount -rw /dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 -t ext3
root@quinipt:/home/quini# chroot /mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX
bash: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
bash: command substitution: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
root@is not an exit
-----

I'm trying to chroot from my previously installed knoppix 3.2 (sid updated), and I'm modifying a knoppix 3.4.

Help is appreciated, thanks ;)

arkaine23
05-27-2004, 03:13 PM
hmmm

I usually mount and then cd to the root of the remaster's filesystem. Then just do a

chroot . /bin/bash

quini
05-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your answer. Anyway no luck 8-|

-----
root@quinipt:/home/quini# mount -rw /dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7/
root@quinipt:/home/quini# cd /mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX/
root@quinipt:/mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX# ls
bin cdrom etc home lib none root sys usr vmlinuz
boot dev floppy initrd mnt proc sbin tmp var
root@quinipt:/mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX# chroot . /bin/bash
bash: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
bash: command substitution: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
root@no es un (means "is not a...")
-----

Any other idea I could try? Maybe it's because I'm trying to chroot from my linux (installed in hd) instead of booting from knoppix CD ? 8-?

Thanks.