CrashedAgain
09-15-2004, 04:01 AM
I am trying to backup my laptop (small HD) onto my desktop (lotsa room). I also want to see if I can make a remaster based on the system on may laptop but there is no room on the HD to do it so I want to see if I can create_compressed_fs over a ssh connection.
With the laptop running from Knoppix-on-CD, I have established a ssh connection. I am now running the laptop from a shell on the desktop, but of course I can no longer access the desktop from this shell.
So, how do I copy from the laptop to the desktop since I can not see them both in the same shell console?
Yes I can copy the files in Konqueror using fish but I also want to try to create_compressed_fs which needs to be done from a cli.
Something like create_compressed_fs <source=ssh:xxx/mnt/hda5> <target=my new compressed fs>. (This is not the proper format for the compessed fs command but the question is how do I specify the source address.)
With the laptop running from Knoppix-on-CD, I have established a ssh connection. I am now running the laptop from a shell on the desktop, but of course I can no longer access the desktop from this shell.
So, how do I copy from the laptop to the desktop since I can not see them both in the same shell console?
Yes I can copy the files in Konqueror using fish but I also want to try to create_compressed_fs which needs to be done from a cli.
Something like create_compressed_fs <source=ssh:xxx/mnt/hda5> <target=my new compressed fs>. (This is not the proper format for the compessed fs command but the question is how do I specify the source address.)