Log in

View Full Version : Knoppix 64 BIT ??



UY
10-20-2004, 09:26 PM
For users of AMD 64, I belive Debian has the relase for this hardware platform.

Wondering if Knoppix will have it also?

:D

Just a wild idea....

UnderScore
10-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Its already been done. Search these forums or hit up google for 64 bit Knoppix.

UY
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the hints! :lol:

http://www.applia.fr/contents/knoppix64.html

I found the above via Yahoo.

it said:


This version of Linux is a 64 bit debian based release for the 64 bits AMD machines, remastered from the excellent work of Klaus Knopper (www.knopper.net).

aay
10-21-2004, 05:06 AM
Also Ubuntu made their first official relase today and it supports x86, AMD64, as well as PPC.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

UY
10-25-2004, 07:41 AM
Also Ubuntu made their first official relase today and it supports x86, AMD64, as well as PPC.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

This distribution is new to me, are you using it?

A single CD with 2.4 & 2.6 kernels?

From their screen shots they look good. I might download when I have the bandwidth.