PDA

View Full Version : Citrix ICA Client 8.0 and Autocreated Printers



Wakka
10-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I've got a working remaster of Knoppix with Citrix, using Mozilla.
My only remaining problem is getting auto-creation of printers working.
The Citrix Admin guide for the Linux client says to add :wd=<windows driver name> to /etc/printcap

But in Knoppix or cupsd rather that file is generated by /etc/cups/printers.conf. How do i get the :wd option added to printcap via printers.conf?

Or has anyone gotten autocreation of printers working in Citrix on Knoppix. If so please let me know. :)

I've also edited the wfclient.ini file in both the $ICAROOT, and /etc/skel/.ICAClient.

probono
10-22-2004, 12:05 AM
I don't have the answer to your question, but you don't need to remaster in order to use the ICA client - you can install it from http://klik.berlios.de

Greetings,
probono

Wakka
10-22-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm making a very customized remaster that has unique printers, has certificates installed, custom background, apps removed (ala Nessus, ethereal etc).

I got the Default printer to autocreate modifying the wfclient.ini in the /etc/skel/.ICAClient and /usr/share/knoppix/profile/.ICAClient

Installing Citrix was the easy part :D

Wakka
10-22-2004, 08:30 PM
I've got the autocreation of printers working by editing the /etc/princap file by adding :wd=<drivername>: to the last line of the printer def.

fyi, for those working with Citrix and Printers with Knoppix you need to set cups to output to /etc/printcap instead of /etc/printcap.cups and solaris mode.

But, I still have the problem that this file is autogenerated from printers.conf in /etc/cups which in turn is autogenerated by cupsd.

So how do I add a :wd=<drivername>: option to the printer?