d3viant
11-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi
I am trying to remaster a knoppix cd to get it onto my 256mb usb key. I am only used to using rpm based distros and need some help getting apt-get working how I want it to!
The 1st thing I want to do is change kde to gnome. I have seen the list of packages for gnome and kde, and added the sources etc.
Now I want to know if it is possible to install ALL of the gnome packages and dependencies at once and remove all the kde packages/dependencies. Are they categorised in any way and is this even possible to do?
Thanks
I am trying to remaster a knoppix cd to get it onto my 256mb usb key. I am only used to using rpm based distros and need some help getting apt-get working how I want it to!
The 1st thing I want to do is change kde to gnome. I have seen the list of packages for gnome and kde, and added the sources etc.
Now I want to know if it is possible to install ALL of the gnome packages and dependencies at once and remove all the kde packages/dependencies. Are they categorised in any way and is this even possible to do?
Thanks