View Full Version : KDE Loading Splash screen
Nikolay
01-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Hello,
I tryed to customize Knoppix KDE Loading Splash screen.
The image file is located under /usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/splash_top.png
but the actual file name is splash_top.png.distrib
So i resized the image to the same size in Gimp and saved it as a png
and after i renamed it using mv command to splash_top.png.distrib
but after creating a CD there was a default picture.
What have i done wrong?
Thanks
Nikolay
arkaine23
01-17-2005, 06:46 AM
It should be in /usr/share/apps/ksplash/themes/Default
Nikolay
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Ohh yeah.
Now found :)
Thanks a lot.
Nikolay
Nikolay
01-19-2005, 03:07 PM
hmm still no luck this time I changed pictures located
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/splash_top.png.distrib
and
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/Themes/Default/splash_top.png.distrib
and now while loading it just gives a blue picture.
I think maybe the problem is in the file
cause i converted splash_top.png into splash_top.png.distrib using mv command
mv splash_top.png splash_top.png.distrib
maybe i should use something else?
Nikolay
raj1478
01-22-2005, 09:08 AM
hmm still no luck this time I changed pictures located
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/splash_top.png.distrib
and
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/Themes/Default/splash_top.png.distrib
and now while loading it just gives a blue picture.
I think maybe the problem is in the file
cause i converted splash_top.png into splash_top.png.distrib using mv command
mv splash_top.png splash_top.png.distrib
maybe i should use something else?
Nikolay
Hi,
The actual image is "splash_top.png" not "splash_top.png.distrib". You can verify by clicking the images in konquerer. Modify the image "splash_top.png" or create a new one with the same name to get your own splash screen. I've done it successfully in my project.
Good Luck!!!
Nikolay
01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Ahh Alright Thanks, I was confused with the pictures cause in a pics folder the knoppix picture was the one with .distrib but it is different in /Themes/Default where the picture is just .png.
Thanks
Nikolay
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.