PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question on KDE on Knoppix



nicdev05
03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Folks,
I am trying to remaster Knoppix with a minor modification to the KDE "Application Lauch" panel. I need to add a shortcut to a test application I wrote. Also I would like remove some of the default applications (e.g. Mozilla) etc that already part of the Application Launch panel.

Any pointers?
Thanks much,
Nic

UnderScore
03-31-2005, 07:59 PM
When I remaster I do this all the time as I like to have firefox, kate, & gaim in the application launcher taskbar. I would recommend the HOWTO I wrote HOWTO: Remaster the easy way using menu based scripts (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867). About two thirds into the HOWTO I mention how you go about logging in as the user knoppix and running startx to bring up KDE. In this KDE session you can customize as much as you want since all the changes are saved to the /home/knoppix/.kde/ location. Then once you are done with all your customizations, you move /home/knoppix to /etc/skel so that it is all saved for future use.

I hope this helps.
James