PDA

View Full Version : Using remaster scripts: my KDE comes back in German



ginestre
03-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Please excuse a silly question from a brain-tired newbie.

Following the scripts method of remastering, which goes very smoothly so far (Thanks!!! I was worried before) when I get to launch the KDE environment so I can synaptic my files, KDE comes out in German. How do I change the startx command so that it comes in English?

TIA

Richard

tr
03-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Following the scripts method of remastering, which goes very smoothly so far (Thanks!!! I was worried before) when I get to launch the KDE environment so I can synaptic my files, KDE comes out in German. How do I change the startx command so that it comes in English?


English KDE package is default if you remove all other language packages (apt-get --purge remove kde-i18n*).

If you have different language packages installed the one that is used is according to the language selection in isolinux.cfg file. If you have downloaded german Knoppix lang=de is default. You get in in english by lang=us.

-tapsa-