jheaney
03-30-2006, 02:40 AM
The setup I am using is I boot from the Knoppix cd. The old hdd is not bootable or accessible from when I have it in another box as a slave. So I have it as a slave drive in another box and trying to drag/drop folders into the usb hdd. Does this usb hdd drive have to be formatted to Fat32? When I right-click the drive to make it writeable, I get the error "The partition /dev/sda1 is of type NTFS". I am a rookie with Knoppix
OErjan
03-30-2006, 05:37 PM
yes preferably it should be Vfat or a "Linux" filesystem, ext2, ext3, reiserfs... and it must be made read/write with rightclicking the icon, choosing actions and choosing change read/write mode (or something like it, not in knoppix right now).
let us hope you have no files larger than 3.99G that you want to store on that FAT drive. FAT cna only handle that as max filesize...
the partition can be 132G in size though iirc (not 100% certain, tired and trying to squeese this from memory...)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.