larryks
05-20-2003, 10:27 AM
While customization Knoppix and preparing iso (version 3.2 dated April) I have modified file linuxrc from boot.img (I have changed string 'KNOPPIX' and 'Accessing CD..' for something different). I heard that this file must not change the size and the new string can not be longer than first one.
My string is different - instead of 'KNOPPIX' longer and instead of
'Accessing ..' shorter. Now system is starting correctly but these strings
in linuxrc can really have different size? How I can estimate in which
situations these strings can cause inappropriate work? I have checked
it on 3 computers and it is OK but I would like to be sure.
- Thank you for any hints.
My string is different - instead of 'KNOPPIX' longer and instead of
'Accessing ..' shorter. Now system is starting correctly but these strings
in linuxrc can really have different size? How I can estimate in which
situations these strings can cause inappropriate work? I have checked
it on 3 computers and it is OK but I would like to be sure.
- Thank you for any hints.