View Full Version : Can anyone provide me some info on remastering DVD?
dtzxdtzx1
06-19-2007, 06:00 AM
I have finally known how to remaster CD now. However, since I need to install more software, I need to know how to remaster knoppix to DVD.
Could anyone provide me some info?
thanks
Frank
dtzxdtzx1
06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Anyone has done remastering DVD. Could you provide some help on this? I have found a lot of info on remastering CD, but not on DVD.
Thanks
Frank
HoverHell
07-20-2007, 02:45 PM
It doesn't seem that there are much difference between remastering CD and DVD.
Though I'm not sure how to split it into "KNOPPIX" and "KNOPPIX2" images (or maybe I can just write UDF DVD with one image?)
Harry Kuhman
07-20-2007, 02:59 PM
The iso9660 standard doesn't allow for a file over 2 gig. This is the reason for the split. If you create a non-iso9660 remaster, them you might get away with it, but you might have more trouble booting. I can't talk you through how to do any of this, it's beyond my skill level.
HoverHell
07-20-2007, 03:45 PM
but you might have more trouble booting
That's what I'm intereseted in.
Quick google search shows some mentions of Vista boot DVD with UDF. That means UDF is basically bootable. But how old computer (motherboard, I suppose) needs to be to not be able to boot UDF DVD?
And, another question, where is "KNOPPIX2" image mentioned in system (It is being mounted to /KNOPPIX2 and into UNIONFS, as I can see), and what should be changed for errorless removing of "KNOPPIX2" image?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.