PDA

View Full Version : Remaster with active sshd or vncserver



alexmay
03-11-2008, 01:40 AM
One day, I will learn to remaster. I promise. But please don't make me do it today.
What I need seems to be something that loads of people are searching for and not finding.
I would be so very grateful if some kind soul who sees this could help.
All I want is to have a knoppix livecd which starts sshd or vncserver and lets me log in with a username password combination.
Yes, I know that it would be a security risk as anyone on the network could then get onto that machine with the published standard username password combination, but I only need this in a safe environment.
The environment is a tiny network behind a closed firewall.
The purpose is to be able to easily fix headless machines.
From what I can make out anyone that knows how to remaster knoppix could do this in an instant.
Any chance of making an iso available?
Thanks in advance.

Harry Kuhman
03-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Please see answer #7 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman) and fix your post.

alexmay
03-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Done
Sorry
You are quite right