PDA

View Full Version : Error -4 compressing block



D. Henryk
05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Every time I try to run the following command:



# mkisofs -R -V "Meu_CD" -hide-rr-moved -pad /mnt/hda6/knxsource/KNOPPIX | /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda6/knxmaster/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX


I get this error message:


[ 9] Blk# 106800, [ratio/avg. 100%/ 44%], avg.speed: 543805 b/s, ETA: 15134s
64.39% done, estimate finish Tue May 20 11:34:00 2008
**** Error -4 compressing block
ERROR: Compression failed on block 3. Exiting...

The error doesn't happen only in 64.39% and/or block 3; it also happens in other percentages and/or blocks... the last error messagem I got said it failed on block 0 (zero).

What can I do? What it means? I've searched in Google and didn't found anything ...

Thanks!

PS.: The whole system I'm trying to compress (inside /mnt/hda6/knxmaster/KNOPPIX/) is about 11,8 gigabytes...

*And sorry for bad english... I didn't speak/write english very well...

kariluz
06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
I had the same problem. Anyone around that can help? The only result google returns is this same thread.

Regards